Long Beach, California offers travelers an abundance of compelling reasons to visit. Beaches, restaurants, festivals and cultural attractions abound. If you enjoy boating, this exciting waterfront city could be your gateway to marine adventures including ocean cruises, fishing excursions and whale watching trips. Long Beach is a fantastic starting place for heading out on cruises and tours to a variety of destinations including Catalina Island, the Channel Islands, Santa Barbara, California wine country and many others.
Traveling to and From Long Beach
The 710 is one of the major freeways offering access to and from Long Beach, California.
Long Beach has its own Airport (LGB). If you arrive in Long Beach by plane, the airport accommodates a variety of car rental, shuttle and taxi services you can take advantage of. It’s also easy and convenient to connect with rail services such as Amtrak and Metrolink, which both offer service close by. Local buses are available as well.
If you travel to Long Beach via the sea, the Port of Long Beach will be your likeliest point of entry.
Things to Do in Long Beach, California
Long Beach, California Attractions
- The Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center offers an ever-changing assortment of entertainment and business opportunities.
- Visit the Aquarium of the Pacific to see interesting fish and marine animals.
- Enjoy sunbathing, swimming or water sports at local beaches including Belmont Shore and Alamitos Beach.
- Tour the noteworthy ship known as Queen Mary.
- Stroll among the boats or set sail from Long Beach Marina.
Long Beach Nightlife
There are many places to eat, drink and be merry in Long Beach. Whether you want to see a concert, check out a DJ, get out on the dance floor, sample California’s best luxury wines or get toasted at a local bar, you’ll find suitable options.
Annual Events, Happenings and Festivals in Long Beach, California
- Sailors flock to Long Beach for the Olympic trial races, the Transpac and the Congressional Cup.
- Music lovers visit Long Beach for the Jazz Festivals and the Long Beach Reggae Music Jerk & Food Fest.
- The Toyota Grand Prix race of Long Beach is always a crowd-pleaser.
Long Beach Climate and Weather
Weather conditions in Long Beach are usually sunny, comfortable and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 55 – 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Long Beach does occasionally experience fog, drizzle and rain.